|93 Illinois Infantry Ided Shield/Ladder Badge
|A very nice ladder/shield badge worn by Union veteran A.C. Stevens. The badge has an arrow hanger to represent the 17th Corps. Written on the arrow is "War 1861 - 5". A shield is attached to the hanger. Written on the shield is "A.C. Stevens. Co. I 93. ILL. Vol. Inf.". Arthur C. Stevens mustered in Company I of the 93rd Illinois Infantry in October, 1862 and was mustered out in June, 1865.
93rd REGIMENT INFANTRY.
- Organized at Chicago, Ill., and
- mustered in October 13, 1862.
- Moved to Memphis, Tenn., November 9 - 14, 1862.
- Attached to 5th Brigade, 5th Division, District of Memphis, Tenn., 13th Army Corps (Old), Dept. of the Tennessee, November, 1862.
- 3rd Brigade, 1st Division, District of Memphis, 13th Army Corps, to December, 1862.
- 3rd Brigade, 7th Division, 16th Army Corps, to January, 1863.
- 3rd Brigade, 7th Division, 17th Army Corps, to September, 1863.
- 3rd Brigade, 2nd Division, 17th Army Corps, to December, 1863.
- 3rd Brigade, 3rd Division, 15th Army Corps, to August, 1864.
- 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, 15th Army Corps, to April, 1865.
- 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 15th Army Corps, to June, 1865.
- Grant's Central Mississippi Campaign November, 1862, to January, 1863.
- Tallahatchie March November 26 - December 12, 1862.
- At Ridgway, Tenn., January to March, 1863.
- Moved to Lake Providence, La., March 3,
- thence to Helena, Ark., March 10.
- Expedition to Yazoo Pass by Moon Lake, Yazoo Pass and Coldwater and Tallahatchie Rivers March 13 - April 5.
- Operations against Fort Pemberton and Greenwood March 13 - April 5.
- Moved to Millikens Bend, La., April 13.
- Movement on Bruinsburg and turning Grand Gulf April 25 - 30.
- Battle of Port Gibson, Miss., May 1 (Reserve).
- Battles of Raymond May 12;
- near Raymond May 13;
- Jackson May 14;
- Champion's Hill May 16;
- Big Black River May 17.
- Siege of Vicksburg May 18 - July 4.
- Assaults on Vicksburg May 19 and 22.
- Surrender of Vicksburg July 4.
- Moved to Jackson, Miss., July 13 - 15.
- Siege of Jackson July 15 - 17.
- At Vicksburg till September 12.
- Moved to Helena, Ark., September 12,
- thence to Memphis, Tenn., September 30.
- March to Chattanooga, Tenn., October 3 - November 19.
- Operations on the Memphis and Charleston R. R. in Alabama October 20 - 29.
- Chattanooga - Ringgold Campaign November 23 - 27.
- Tunnel Hill November 23 - 24.
- Mission Ridge November 25.
- Pursuit to Graysville November 26 - 27.
- Moved to Bridgeport, Ala., December 3.
- To Larkinsville, Ala., December 22, and
- to Huntsville, Ala., January 17, 1864.
- Duty there till June.
- Demonstration on Dalton, Ga., February 22 - 27.
- Tunnel Hill, Buzzards Roost Gap and Rocky Faced Ridge February 23 - 25.
- Moved to Decatur, Ala., June 12,
- thence march to Stevenson, Ala., June 14 - 25.
- To Kingston, Ga., June 27 - 28,
- thence to Etowah and guard bridge and crossing till July 11.
- At Kingston till August 2.
- March to Allatoona August 2 - 3.
- Pursuit of Wheeler to Spring Place August 15 - 18.
- At Resaca and Allatoona till November.
- Battle of Allatoona October 5.
- March to the sea November 15 - December 10.
- Seige of Savannah December 10 - 21.
- Campaign of the Carolinas January to April 1865.
- Salkehatchie Swamps, S.C., February 2 - 5.
- South Edisto River February 9.
- North Edisto River February 12 - 13.
- Columbia February 15 - 17.
- West's Cross Roads February 25 (Detachment).
- Battle of Bentonville, N.C., March 20 - 21.
- Occupation of Goldsboro March 24.
- Advance on Raleigh April 10 - 14.
- Occupation of Raleigh April 14.
- Bennett's House April 26.
- Surrender of Johnston and his army.
- March to Washington, D. C., via Richmond, Va., April 29 - May 19.
- Grand Review May 24.
- Mustered out June 23 and
- discharged at Chicago, Ill., July 7, 1865.
Regiment lost during service
- 4 Officers and 147 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and
- 1 Officer and 142 Enlisted men by disease.
- Total 294.
Item #: RX23010
Price: $485.00 USD
Cash, Check, Money Order, and PayPal
We now accept PAYPAL for those of you who would like to use credit cards! Please send to email@example.com
Your satisfaction and happiness is our major concern. We will be glad to refund your purchase price if you are not happy with your purchase if returned within fifteen days of your receipt.
You can order through our web site or you can call 803-431-1798 for your order. Sales are complete when we confirm items are still in stock.
We ship using the United States Post Office.